With the Bakun upwelling index almost 30 years old, a new publication by Mike Jacox explores two new indices derived from modeled vertical velocity: CUTI (coastal upwelling and transport index) and BEUTI (biologically effective upwelling and transport index). Mike has also provided a history of the upwelling indices focusing on where the indices agree and diverge. The publication is available in early view at JGR. Continue reading
- New publication in Science Advances led by Tim White at Stanford
- Welcome Dr. Stefan Koenigstein to Monterey!
- New publication titled “Practical considerations for operationalizing dynamic management tools” by Heather Welch
- New publication in CJFAS by Isaac Schroeder on “Source water variability as a driver of rockfish recruitment in the California Current Ecosystem”
- Welcome Dr. Megan Cimino to Monterey!
- Project website goes live for the Future Seas project!
- New publication in Proceedings in the Royal Society B titled “Mesoscale activity facilitates energy gain in a top predator.”
- New publication on “Integrating Dynamic Subsurface Habitat Metrics Into Species Distribution Models”
- New publication on dynamic ocean management for the California swordfish fishery in Science Advances